I love my BBQ chicken! Always have, always will, and I must admit I’ve always been partial to marinated chicken wings. It’s not unusual to find a few friends and I sitting in front of the TV watching Friday night football with a beer in one hand and a plate full of marinated chicken wings near the other.
Marinated chicken wings are just perfect for these kinds of occasions. They’re easy and convenient to cook, cheap to buy and most importantly, sensational to eat.
I have a few favorite BBQ chicken recipes when it comes to marinated chicken wings, but the following recipe was suggested to me a few weeks back. I’ve since tested it out and can categorically confirm that, YES, they are delicious.
This recipe for marinated chicken wings will take about 20 minutes to prepare (plus the time it takes to marinate) and about 40 minutes to cook.
You will need:
1.5 kg (approx 3lb 5oz) of large chicken wings
1 cup (250ml) tomato sauce
1/2 cup (125ml) plum sauce
1/4 cup (60ml) worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup (50g) of firmly packed brown sugar
2 cloves of crushed garlic
- Cut the chicken wings into three pieces at the joints and throw away the tips.
- Put all the remaining ingredients into a large bowl, then add the chicken wings. Then cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Drain the chicken wings and discard the marinade.
- Put the chicken wings on an oiled wire rack within a disposable baking dish (this will help your BBQ cleanup). Then cook in a covered BBQ, using an indirect heat, for about 40 minutes or until the chicken wings are browned and cooked through.
Sit back with a few friends and enjoy! These marinated chicken wings also work a treat with the kids!
- Homemade Pig Roaster Those of you who know a thing or two about cooking with a Pig Roaster will know how expensive it...
- Family Favorite Mexican Crock Pot Recipes There are so many different delicious crock pot recipes available now days. You can feed your family well, and with...
- Easy Ground Beef Recipes That are Healthy and Delicious Looking for some healthy and easy ground beef recipes that do not require a lot of time to make? Below...
- Simplest Pot Roast Ever Pot roasts of generations past are not as forgotten as you may think. With just a few minutes prep time...
- Leftover Beef Recipe: Creamy Stroganoff This recipe is so simple anybody could do it. In fact this recipe can be done according to your schedule...